Your privacy is important to us. We value your trust and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information you give us.
This document, which we update from time to time, describes how we use and process any personal information that you provide to us through our website, app or call-centres or live chat. Please read it carefully.
We may collect, store and use your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect, store and use:
Information you provide to us:
You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website or on our apps or by interacting with us by phone, email and live chat.
This includes information you provide when you register for an account, search for a price comparison or quote, enter into a contract for the supply of services or a product, enter a competition, promotion or survey or report problems with our services.
The personal information that you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number, billing information and other information about you to enable us to provide you with our price comparison, switching and analyzing or procuring other services and products.
Information we collect about you
When you access our websites or apps, even if you don’t register your account or place any request with us, it automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources. . If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This could include socio-demographic information and information about your likely interests based on your previous web browsing and purchases. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we collected about you.
Purposes of use of personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes based on the legal grounds set forth hereunder:
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests;
- Providing you with the information, products and services you request from us or our Partner company. Partner company may be an affiliate or sister Company or third parties (eg.channel partners for Click & Collect) using our platform;
- Completing any transaction that you do with us or our Partner Company.
- Administering promotions or competitions that you enter with us or our partner Company;
- Allowing you to participate in our interactive features when you choose to do so;
- We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Aladdin.life, affiliate or sister Company or third parties and others;
Our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above will typically be one of the following:
It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract.
You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose (for example, when you create an account with us, agree to receive marketing emails from us or create an alert). You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the information from your account or updating your marketing preferences.
It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our services (for example, when we customise your experience of our services or use your information for analytics purposes) and to protect our business. Sometimes, we may process your personal information when it is in the legitimate interests of another partner company, such as affiliate or sister Company or third parties.
It is necessary for us to use your personal information for us or our partner company (another affiliate or sister Company or third parties)to comply with a legal obligation.
Marketing and advertising:
- Providing you and others with information about products and services that we or affiliated or sister Company or third parties’ offer that we think may interest you or them, which may be based on inferences about your or their likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by affiliated or sister Company or third parties;
- Customising or enhancing your experience of our services, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by affiliated or sister Company or third parties;
- Delivering relevant advertising to you on websites operated by affiliated or sister Company or third parties or in direct communications from us, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on websites operated by affiliated or sister Company or third parties.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our websites and apps and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
- Managing and operating your account with us.
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
We share IT infrastructure with other affiliate or sister Company or third parties, and so we may share your personal information with those companies to help store your data efficiently and securely. Other affiliate or sister Company or third parties may access your personal information to help provide you with services that you request from those companies (for example, to help you manage your home) and to provide you with relevant recommendations of other services and products. These recommendations may use inferences about your interests based on your activity on our websites and apps and on other websites and apps operated by other affiliate or sister Company or third parties.
Product suppliers to obtain quotes and help you switch: We provide your personal information to the suppliers whose products and services are listed on our websites and apps to help them provide quotes and to carry out your transaction/enquiry. When you buy products or services from these suppliers, their own privacy policies will apply to how they use your personal information. You can find these privacy policies on their websites and you should check that you are happy with them before completing your transaction/enquiry.
Some of the suppliers on our websites and apps will search external sources (for example, the national id, county court judgments, bankruptcy registers and credit reference agencies) before providing you with a quote. These searches may be recorded by credit reference agencies but will not affect your credit rating.
We use some third parties to perform searches on our websites for insurance quotes and to provide eligibility checkers for some financial products. They will use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. Details of these third parties and their privacy policies are set out below.
- The eligibility checkers on our website will perform a soft credit check search before providing you with an indication of your eligibility for a product. These searches may be recorded by credit reference agencies, but will not affect your credit rating.
- If you go on to apply for a financial product in relation to which you have done an eligibility check, the eligibility check provider may pass your information to the supplier to help you complete your application quicker.
We may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who provide services to us or where necessary to perform a service that you have requested. This includes putting our survey partners in touch with you so that we can find out what you thought about your experience on aladdin.life.
We may provide your personal information to our partner advertisers and advertising networks that require that information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimize our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets: If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or those assets, along with its professional advisers. If aladdin.life (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired, personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- To obtain professional advice: We may disclose your personal information to obtain professional advice (for example, from lawyers or financial advisors).
- To comply with a legal obligation: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of aladdin.life, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
We may transfer, store or process your personal information outside of the UAE, where the laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your personal information as in the UAE. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside the UAE, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms.
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. You can delete your aladdin.life account at any time using the account settings page.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its security، and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The services offered by Aladdin.life are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by updating your email preferences in your aladdin.life account or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you. You can also opt out of marketing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection law gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can access, update and delete your aladdin.life account information by logging into your aladdin.life account. If you cannot fulfil your request using these tools, please email email@example.com.
We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfil all requests.
Some of our comparison and transaction tools are provided by trusted third-party suppliers. Unless you have a aladdin.life account or agreed to receive marketing emails from Aladdin.life, we don’t retain any of your data as part of your transaction through these third party comparison and switching tools.
Updated: 10 October 2019