Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Emirati Plan?
Minutes to preferred number
300 minutes to 1 preferred number
600 minutes to 2 preferred numbers
1000 minutes to 3 preferred numbers
The etisalat Emirati Plan is a postpaid plan that offers voice, data, SMS, and minutes to preferred numbers covering local usages.
*5% VAT excluded
Will I get any extra benefits?
A silver number will be included for a new account activation with a 24-month contract.
How can I use the included local minutes?
The included local minutes can be used to make calls to local mobile and landline numbers. Calls to special numbers (example: numbers starting with 600) are not part of the included minutes and it will be charged separately.
What are the charges for local calls after the included minutes are over?
Local calls out of the included minutes are charged at 0.5 fils/sec.
Will I be charged on a per-second basis?
Yes, Emirati Plans are based on per-second pulses.
What are the charges for data usage after the included data is over?
The data usage out of the included data is charged at AED 1/MB.
What is the rate for international calls?
International call rates depend on the Zone (See attachment section for lists of countries per zone)
- Zone (1): Only charged as Pay-as-You-Go at 2 fils/sec. See the attachment.
- Zone (2): Only charged as Pay-as-You-Go at 6 fils/sec. See the attachment.
- Zone (3): Only charged as Pay-as-You-Go at different rates depending on the country. See the attachment.
Can I still subscribe to the New Postpaid add-ons?
No. With Emirati Plans, you will not be eligible to subscribe to New Postpaid Add-ons
Can I subscribe to the data packages, Blackberry services, value-added services and others, on top of etisalat Emirati plans?
Yes, you can subscribe to all the available data packages, Blackberry services, value-added services. However, you cannot subscribe to the New Postpaid add-ons.
How can I activate the preferred number?
Simply text “ACT NAT ” to 1012.
How can I change the preferred number?
Simply text “CHANGE NAT (Old Preferred Number)(New Preferred Number)” to 1012.
Can I configure a non-etisalat number as a preferred number?
Any landline or mobile number in the UAE, from any network, can be set as a preferred number.
Are there any restrictions on changing the preferred number?
Preferred numbers can be changed once per month for AED 25 (5% VAT excluded).
What format should I use for the preferred number?
The preferred number should be entered in full format i.e. 00971xxxxxxx (no space).
How can I use the included local SMSs?
The included local SMSs can be used to send messages to local mobile numbers. Messages to special codes will be charged separately.
How can I check my usage?
- Texting “Balance” to 1012
- Dialling *140# and following the instructions.
What are my options once my contract is over?
By the end of the contract, you can:
- Continue on same plan/benefits
- Subscribe to data add-on again and start a new contract
- Migrate to any other plan without exit charges at any time
Can I change my Etisalat Emirati plan to any other Postpaid plan while I’m still in the contract period?
Yes you can and there are no exit charges if you are upgrading your plan to Smart or New Postpaid plans.
If you migrate to Freedom plans, then you will need to settle the exit charges as per the contract before migration.
Are there any exit charges applied in case of line termination?
For lines activated before 18 March 2019, early exit charges are as follows:
- Non-contract plan: AED 300 if the plan is terminated or migrated to Prepaid within the first 6 months from the activation date
- 12-month contract plan: AED 50 x remaining months in the contract
- 24-month contract plan: AED 100 x remaining months in the contract
For lines activated on and after 18 March 2019, early exit charges are as follows:
- 12-month contract plan: 1 month’s rental charges
- 24-month contract plan: 1 month’s rental charges
Will my included local minutes/data and monthly charges be pro-rated if I upgrade/downgrade my etisalat Emirati plan ?
Your local minutes and charges will be pro-rated, but your data units will not be; you will get the full data allowance.
How can I make a payment for my ceased account, if I am outside the UAE?
You can make your payment through online transfer by using Electronic funds Transfer (EFT) Option to etisalat account as per the details below:
Name of the Beneficiary:
– The Emirates Telecommunication Corporation (Etisalat)
– Bank Name: First Abu Dhabi Bank
– Account No.: 1850059750
– IBAN No.: AE910354021203106186055
– Swift Code: NBADAEAA
– Branch Name: Khalidiya Branch
– Bank Address: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Please mention your etisalat account number under Transfer.